This Monday morning, I once again woke up and immediately wished I could go back to bed – until I checked my phone, clicked on the wordpress notification that had popped up and saw that Shelly had nominated me for the Liebster Award!
I’ve enjoyed reading Shelly’s posts for quite a while now and her blog is definitely one of my absolute faves, so I’m beyond chuffed she chose me as one of her nominees. I would never have thought people actually read my posts, let alone enjoy them, so this truly means a lot to me and will hopefully give me even more motivation and inspiration to post more regularly (This makes me sound a lot like Dan Howell, doesn’t it?). Anyways, a big thank you to Shelly, and please make sure to check out her blog (shellyray.wordpress.com), I promise you won’t regret it!
In case you haven’t heard about the Liebster Award yet, these are the rules:
Let’s get started, shall we?
11 Facts About Me
- I wear a flower crown every day
- I used to hate chocolate, but then I tried Cadbury Marvellous Creations and one could say it was the beginning of a love story
- My favourite author is David Levithan
- I actually love rain, even though everyone else constantly moans about it
- I’ve intended to learn how to cook for about 5 years, but have still not gotten around to it
- I spend all of my money on concert tickets, CDs and books
- I’m a total grammar nerd (which you probably can’t tell from this blog as I’m still making way too many cringeworthy mistakes, haha.)
- I’m obsessed with bad jokes and puns, the sillier the better
- I used to write a lot of stories when I was younger and really wanna start doing that again
- Luna Lovegood is my favourite Harry Potter character
Answer 11 Questions from the Blogger Who Nominated You
What was your first ever blogpost about?
I started off by simply posting 50 facts about myself to introduce myself, pretty lame, I know.
Do you have any routines when blogging? (Certain music you like to listen to, place you feel most comfortable blogging, etc)
I usually blog sitting on my bed (mainly because I rarely ever leave it lol) and listen to a playlist with relaxing music (lots of acoustic songs), light a candle, put on some fairy lights and make myself comfortable with a cup of tea and some biscuits – blogging without snacks is literally impossible!
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Most people would probably wanna go somewhere exotic or far away, but to be honest, my biggest dream is to just do a tour through the UK. Everytime I’ve been to England so far, I instantly felt at home, so I would love to see more of the country.
Besides blogging, what are some of your hobbies/interests?
Okay, this is awkward cause I’m literally the least outgoing person you can imagine. I spend most of my free time on tumblr or other websites, watch youtube videos or TV shows, listen to music, read or have naps. I love to go to concerts and stroll through my favourite shops or meet up with friends sometimes, but generally I’m very introverted and don’t mind spending an entire day by myself and relaxing.
If you could travel back in time, what year or decade would you choose to travel to?
Probably the 70s cause that was about the time my parents were my age and I feel like it would be really interesting to know what life was like when they were young.
Do you prefer watching movies or TV shows?
Definitely TV shows, I’m not a movie person at all. The great thing about TV shows is that you get really attached to the characters and their little quirks, plus, I find it a lot more convenient to watch episodes that are only 20-40 minutes.
What types of blogs do you most enjoy reading?
I don’t mind actually, I just like when people talk about things they’re passionate about, whatever that might be!
What animal best represents you and why?
I guess koalas, cause they sleep up to 22 hours a day.
What is one of your resolutions for 2016?
I really wanna be more active on this blog, start writing fiction as well, and read lots and lots of more books.
What was your dream job growing up?
I’ve always wanted to be a radio presenter and still do!
How do you hope to change or improve your blog this year?
I don’t have any specific plans yet, but as I said, I really wanna post more regularly, try more different things and just get more creative! 🙂
My 11 Nominees
11 Questions for my Nominees
- Are you listening to music right now?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is the thing you most look forward to when coming home after a long day?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- What languages can you speak?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- Favourite lyric?
- Are you religious?
- What’s your favourite season?
- If you had to get a tattoo, what would you choose?
- Do you keep a journal?
I guess that’s it from me then, I hope you’ve all had a great start to the new year and a wonderful day. Talk to you soon 🙂 xx