When I went to Camden Lock Market in London a few months ago, I stumbled across this wall and I liked the of idea so much that I decided to create my personal list of life goals and things I want to do before I grow old.
Since I found it incredibly fascinating to read through the different ideas people had put down, I’m now gonna share my own personal list with you. Of course, it’s not completed yet and I’ll most probably add things and cross others out with time but I hope you’re gonna enjoy it anyways. x
- Write a book: I’ve dreamed of becoming an author since I was 6 or 7 and even wrote little short stories about vampires, dwarfs, ghosts and other fantasy creatures back in primary school. Even though I kind of gave up writing a long time ago, it still has a place in my heart and I would love getting into it again.
- Learn more languages: Apart from improving my English and Spanish, I’d love to learn at least one other language, preferably Swedish, Dutch or Italian.
- Live abroad for at least 6 months: Even though I love living in Germany, I would love to get away for some time if I can. I’ve already been to Chile for 2 months last year which really changed me as a person and gave me a different perspective in a way, so I’d simply love to do something like that again. Actually, this dream is likely to become true quite soon as I’m gonna finish school in one year and will hopefully be able to take a gap year and work and live in the UK for some months!
- Find my soulmate: As someone who kind of believes in true love or at least holds onto the hope that it exists, truly loving someone and be loved in return is something I really wish I will experience, even if it might entail pain or a broken heart.
- Meet my idols: As a fangirl, I can’t help but add this to my list. Some celebrities have just given me so much strength by making music, videos, writing or simply existing that it’s one of my biggest aims to thank them personally for making me a lot happier than I would’ve been without them.
- Move into my own flat: I’m a person who needs a lot of alone-time, so a very own apartment where I can do whatever I want whenever I want would literally be heaven for me. It’ll probably be another ten years until I’ve got enough money to actually move out but I’m already busy planning what my flat should look like, which furniture I’m gonna get and how I’m gonna decorate it, so the anticipation is real.
- Find a job I like: I’ve recently read a tumblr post that said something like “I want to create a life I don’t need a vacation from” which absolutely spoke to me. If anyone ever tries to talk you into choosing a field of studies you don’t love, please don’t listen to them. Some people want to convince me to study something like medicine or law because they fear that I’m gonna “waste my potential” if I decide on the subjects that really interest me but is it really worth it if you end up doing a job you hate just because you earn a little bit more money or have more prestige? Personally, I don’t think it is, hence I’m gonna take the risk and work towards my dream job, even if the path leading to it won’t be all easy.
- Read, read, read: Whenever I finish a really good book and get sad about the fact that I’m through with it, I think of all the other amazing ones that are still out there waiting for me to read them, waiting to take me into yet another world of fantasy and imagination. Isn’t that just magical?
- Learn to love myself and be happy!